Counter

Friday, December 19, 2014

Day 60: The Lonely River

I have been thinking about this for a long time now, working with rivers for the last 7 years and trying to understand it a little better every single day. It is interesting when you hear it while you close your eyes as it flow gently over the rocks or as it gushes with range and frees itself where it feels the need. But most of all what I realize is that no matter how much the river wants to hold on to something, no matter how much it wants to wait up for someone; it moves on. It is a lonely traveler and it is also the travel itself, it leaves an impression on the bank, it shapes it everyday and yet somehow its non conformity gives it an elusive nature. It is this lonely pursuit, this nature of not being able to wait which makes it so close to what we often feel from time to time, why we meander in pain, and yet sometimes carry on when the need comes. For now the lonely river rises and falls

The Lonely River
In the memories that I leave behind, the scours on the banks of time,
I have felt myself more alive, and sometimes times I have failed leave myself behind.
I flow from places and in time, I fear change every day,
And yet change is all I am capable of, to my brilliant dismay.

Forever lasts my lonely pursuit, I meander my ways in between this time and that,
I have no reason to brood , no memory of things I kept, no recollection of the world I had.
I sail with many so great, so beautiful, so kind, so gentle on the soul,
I have learned to believe but the stories, some of which still remains untold.


I am but the lonely river, I forever sway in between the days,
Between memories, and landscapes that flood my mind, and from places where I stay away.
I have reshaped lives, I have relived and was reborn from time to time,
And yet my greatest regret is not knowing, whatever I can truly hold as mine.

There are times when the impressions I leave, the places I carve stay with you,
They are forever a reminder of simpler things, of whatever things that you hold true.
In yesterday, today and tomorrow's tide, I rise and fall, I swell and sway,
The lonely river still flows inside and out, and is kept only in memories till this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment