Counter

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Day 53: Lost in Chile

There are times I believe that there is no better way to find yourself than among strangers, among people who not only don't judge you for the lack of a better expression but can't even speak the language you speak so fondly. Where the streets don't look familiar but still feel like the ones we find behind our home, where the distinction between doing something and wanting to do something is often met by people who move mountains if needed. The castaway sailboat tugged to the marina reminds me of the shores of calmer day, when the complains of the waving water lies silent. As I walk past the flower store I smell the momentary nature of time, of our crossing and yet the breathtaking beauty we can all relate to. It took me a while, while trying to interpret directions in a different language, while walking back to my hotel room in the middle of the city late in the night and in going about in circles and finally finding a way back and so I write

Lost in Chile
There are times and again I must find myself so lost,
Where the city lights have been turned down and the voices are sleeping at last,
Where the sneaky evening catches you, and follows you home,
Where the roads seems but all so familiar , and yet the maps are all wrong.

Lost in Chile my mind, from a city it hops to a city if goes,
Where it has not lost the reason to be sane, there are things that even the city doesn't show
The quiet streets outside the door, to the noisy ones as the sunlight fades,
We are trapped in between the skylines tonight, and in between lines we know we can't erase


We all wish our goodbyes somehow, and good morning must come in familiar ways,
When the familiarity in my mind, and in my writings are lost, when a new is born everyday
My tired handles of the suitcase still, the wheels that often lend me a hand,
They roll with no questions, no thought, no regret, they just play along like a band

Come to the shadows of the streets with me,roam along and share a drink,
In between stories that you could write, just take a break, have a look at what would be,
Lost in Chile from many a miles away, I travel along but as more than just dots on a map,
In whatever reason that I may choose to keep tonight,
                                                               let me keep my words & you can keep the man I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment