Counter

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Day 52: Familiar Roads Mile High

I am writing this poem while on a flight to Miami, we have 26 minutes before we land and then another one and that means I can only post this once I land. For a long time I feel that journeys always leads you to ponder more about things , not because you have nothing better to do, but perhaps because it is quieter with your thoughts. For today I write about familiarity and travels alike, hope it is worth your read. The picture is during our descend to Miami Airport from my window. 

Familiar Roads Mile High
Do you feel the rumbling beneath your feet?
The giant soars in a pitch black sky,
It knows not where the path may lead,
It only breathes as it takes flight.

So many a times when you fly back home,
To places you come back to, places you belong.
To some weary roads, to familiar smells,
Where home is all about , what stories you have to tell.


Find comfort in the story tales, the ones you were part of, but never wrote yourself,
In familiar faces and places sometimes or in the faces of strangers where I sometime dwell.

Pack your bags and take wings my friend,
Your journey, your escape often comes with a cost,
Wherever you go, whatever you may find,
You have found more familiarity than the chances to be easily lost.

I write this to you from thousands of feet above the ground,
Where the roaring engine is the only sound,
I unmute for a while, I write on napkins still,
I have only but only my journey for now as I find more spaces to fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment