Counter

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Day 41: Finding Shelters

Walk outside your home for a while, when its so cold that the chill runs down your bones, Stand on your own doorsteps pretending you don't know the way back home and the only thing that you can hear is the cold wind that shears by your ears. The street lamps flicker with the same breath and cold nature of the night, there a kids who are out for candy on the streets, the slow and shallow hallow of the pumpkin and yet all I can hear is the quiet. Tonight was all about taking shelter, packing your bags and heading back to warmer places we called home. And though it might seem crazy that I actually stood outside on my own doorsteps, I could only imagine how hard it is sometimes to get lost even if the whole world is known to you, so tonight I write to finding shelters for my friend, finding solace where there is none and finding warmth when it's simply bright outside.

Finding Shelters
The street lights tell a story, even if they cannot say,
Would the night win the fight, or would the street lamps flicker the darkness away
Would your poems find a place in this world, would the kind man and harsh read it alike,
Would the bitter sorrows and sullies of the day, haunt you on this cold night.


Some speak of the Halloween spirit tonight, dress up in ways and find street corners to play,
Even if the cold winter speaks to them for a while, they were always there, they were here to stay,
I wish shelter for those who couldn't find a way back home,
Who are wrapped in shards of blankets and sweaters, that we only hope keeps them warm.

Find shelter my friend even if these words don't reach you for a while,
Pay heed not to those who stay, but to those who have kept you, the one with whom you smile
The restless spirit, the warm glow of day, my doorsteps, my mailbox tonight,
Finding shelters is all I can do, with you and yet I know not where, or how sometimes.

Stay warm my dear friends, and keep sending me more things to write about.


No comments:

Post a Comment