Counter

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Day 49: You Remind me of Rainbows

There are some pockets of warmer day we face in between the cold winter nights. We are packed away between cups of hot chocolates, families and friends who are reminders of life from time to time. As I write this from a different city a thought that enters my mind is that of nostalgia of a place, space of the people we are and so I write to the warmer hearts. The ones who have reminded me of beautiful things from times to time, of strangers who have spent hours listening to me and talking back, of those I have know only from a voice and to sing back to them almost as though distance was ephemeral. Here's to the rainbows outside your window, my warm hearted ones, You remind me of Rainbows so I wrote to them

You Remind me of Rainbows
In between the train rides home,
In between finding the places we call our own,
I find people around that keep me grounded still,
Who remind me of empty spaces and walls that I can fill

You are caught in between the sun and the rain,
You remind me of rainbows and a brand new day.
In between the times you have written through my thought,
You are a mystery everyone knows about but only a few have sought.


The simple things are often heartfelt, they are easy to keep,
They are in between the smiles, and warm hugs and between moments of giant leaps,
Between looking for trust, that is often hard to find,
The promises have always been hidden, between harder smiles.

The wind rustles against the tress , the evergreens stand tall,
The wind shudders behind the window pane and behind thinly veiled walls,
You are reminder of a warmer day, you are rain when it's too cold outside,
You are a language that I wish to learn, when it's easy to listen to you but harder to write

No comments:

Post a Comment