Counter

Friday, November 21, 2014

Day 48: Have you Traveled?

Had a long road trip to Chicago today, and among staring outside the window from time to time and dozing of between things to do, I kept listening to the same songs I would have heard everyday and not thought about it twice..........There is something about a long journey, staring outside into the quiet fields, and something about the silence amplifies whatever you feel, think or recollect. And though it is hard to capture something outside its element. outside its natural way I wished to write to travels, to friends and to the rhyme we find on roads. I often question myself, what are we looking for and what are we looking at?

Have you Traveled?
Have you traveled from time to time?
In buses, in trains and sometimes just at the end of the line.
Held a straight face though your tired shoulders might have given away?
Kept up your spirits as you are often told to wait

Have you ever lived with no fear of the cold? the cold wind numbs you from time to time,
Or been afraid of the snow outside, wishing the warmer things are often close by,
I find it hard to find my way sometimes, I get lost in the city that never sleeps,
That reminds of maps we used of draws, and secrets and stories that were only times to keep


Oh traveler of mine, Oh friend extraordinaire come find me alongside wherever you may go,
For now I may not be close around, but I am not buried in the rain, I am not yet trapped in the snow
I am merely losing tracking, I am dizzy as the cold wind blows,
And of every time I walk in circles , and in between the places I seem to go

Do you carry a map to guide me home, do you trust me with your stories tonight,
Do you recollect, do you confide at times and just leave your worries behind,
Come talk to me, just share a drink at times, we are both but drunk in nostalgia tonight,
We are far from finished chapters at the end, our books is still being written , just put on pause sometimes

No comments:

Post a Comment