Counter

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Day 51: Bring me Home this Thanksgiving

I believe that in general, the places we write from are often reflective of what we write, the people who are in those places with and the moments we often share with. And it is in these moments that we resonate among the strangers around us, the friends who are part of our extended family and our so called alternate realities that we live in. Our notion of warmth that we find among others extends and constricts from time to time, in between the kindness we find in the corners we least expect. Here's to the souls who are away from home this thanksgiving, the holidays, the get together and the musings , I wish you just the same among friends , or in the company of yourself, among family that you find when you least expect it, and among strangers who give new meaning to the word company. Whatever you may or may not find this thanksgiving, whether it is a warm sliver of turkey, a piece of pie or the company of those you enjoy for the time being I wish you & promise you nothing more.

Bring me Home this Thanksgiving
Take me as I come to you, even if broken down from time to time,
Remember the song we used to sing, I would call it yours and you would call it mine
The nights we sat on couches still, we figure out how the games were played,
We didn't read instructions on the box, we didn't care if it was the right or wrong way

Bring me home to the company of those, who have stories to share,
When it's cold outside and there are moments about which we care
The steam above my hot chocolate cup, the perfect start to some cold morning days,
Or even if I stare outside my lonely window, here's hoping some warmth your way


Take me from the first flight home, my bags too as I stare at the homecoming boards,
Nothing drowns my shadow tonight, I will find my boat I will reach my shore.
Find me in the footsteps in the snow, leave your door unlocked I maybe coming home late,
But I promise you this much, there are something that are always worth the wait

Bring me home this thanksgiving day, even if you are my own company,
Between families , friends and warm smell of food , find me among strangers who take me as me
The snow starts to grow on my window pane, it clings and falls and flurries along,
And to those who are at home tonight, find a reason, find warmth & bring "yourself" to a place you call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment