Counter

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Day 361: Bitter Sweet

I never had quite a dilemma writing a poem and then struggling for just the right words to include. It is one of those moments when an obvious contrast is not so obvious to your mind. I wonder if I am taking these long pauses for a reason, have I planned them in my head or am I slowly changing thoughts as they form in time as I write. Whatever the reason maybe, I know this one was a tough one where I had to decide the favorable or unfavorable taste that I want to leave with or maybe combine them into something simply bitter-sweet for you.

Bitter Sweet
Come take a walk with me into the unknown
Come dream of things we are yet to make our own
Feel these drops of flavor that stay with you
Telling a story if you choose to find or maybe write one too

What is bitter and what is sweet?
Are they the same to you and me?
Or are they transformed desired freshly plated
They are thoughts that are quiet, they are the unstated


Perhaps candy coated shells that hide
They are prelude to an aftertaste that survives
Yet reminders of things that for a brief moment stay
From sunrise to the end of hours this day

In time I will find, that from which I will learn
Where you could taste writings & thoughts you could discern
While the bitter and sweet will blend into just one
And I will leave you with words, perhaps recipes, only half done 

No comments:

Post a Comment