Counter

Friday, June 17, 2016

Day 364: Yesterday

If you are ever staying with friends and family you are inclined to ask whether they make your travels sweeter than everything else. Whether they are reminders of things that we collect in the passing of time, or whether they are unscheduled stops we love to make. I keep imagining one of my favorite songs as I write this piece and dwell in bits and pieces of nostalgia. I wonder if we are collectors of time, if we choose to remember whatever we want and somehow pull them from our memories. Whatever be the case is it simpler, is it better. Are they cast in spans we call as days , as I keep writing this one as mine gets away.

Yesterday
For I have been caught in the start & end of songs
Finding places I call my own, or where I can belong
These restless hours that pass by my finger tips
While I talk to you, without a single word from my lips

These yesterdays in our minds that we seem to create
We fill them with memories with nostalgia we populate
While some may find these place marks silly at times
I collect them like a mad man, as though looking for rhymes


Come find me in warm companies of friends & family
Bound by thoughts that stay with you & yet you are set free
While some may look for solace in perfect yesterdays
I am looking for just a few that are here to stay

No we are not lyrics to a song that plays on repeat
We are lingering thoughts that haven't decided to leave
In the quiet spaces as I wait for wings to fly again
I wonder what yesterday wished to be & that which remains

No comments:

Post a Comment