Counter

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Day 259: Extra Hour

Daylight savings time ended today, meaning the clock went back one hour and somehow so did the time. Well at least in theory, we are at a strange love affair with time. We like both the past and the future and yet dislike our present sometimes. We are attracted by nostalgia and hope more than reality, and we are all hoping to face something that we already face every single day. For now this extra hour of the day is all about what you decide to do with it. These pieces of moments that you can stitch together somehow and the ones we write stories about. My extra hour comes close to the end of today, so I giving it back to you in writing, somehow and someway.

Extra Hour
Come, spend with me an hour this day or night
The extra one, when hands of our clock lost their fight
We moved back an hour somewhere in time
And yet we were reminded that we hadn't lost our mind

An old friend in the stories that we are yet to write
Or new ones in hours of the day that might have gone by
True surprises they stay, they are restless at best
So we take the easy way and somehow leave out the rest


I divide my hours, by minutes too I guess
Plan them bit by bit, in my to-do list at best
They are gone somewhere too in a sleepy, sleepy day
Where cups of coffee & tea don't seem to keep me awake

Come, live an extra hour with me today
Much has been said among all that is left unsaid
We will live like kings in these 60 minutes more
Yet keep these writings grounded for now to the floor

No comments:

Post a Comment