Counter

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Day 273: To be Fine

I keep wondering what it means to be fine. Is it a real state of being, is the same as being happy or simply in the previous state of mind that whatever you are in right now. For some reason I cannot keep thinking back of the example of states of a computer that are stored and recovered in case of a failure and all you need to do is go back to the last state. I wonder if we are expecting something similar in our case albeit a little more complicate and a little more permanent. So when I hear myself or others dispense this advice or get it myself I keep going back to this thought. What is it to be fine? and how do we know what the last time we were fine felt like? I write for those who have been for both the giving and the receiving end of this, because we share this constant dilemma of coming back to something that is a state of mind. I am writing, I am fine

To be Fine
I wonder if we are all looking for some evidence
Without me and without you, I wonder if we pretend
Do we carry a smile, are we all too rational sometimes?
Or simply promise ourselves that we are all going to be fine

But then we pull these thoughts out of thin air
Leave behind a feeling long after we are no longer there
Climb into minds as we write fiction with facts
Try to be the best of ourselves, no matter where we are at


I follow through some of the promises that I make
When no one is pointing them out as I make my own mistakes
I know not how, when or why; this story unfolds
I have been asked to keep writing, I will find an ending
                                                              So I have been told

I am bookmarked beginning and endings for a few
I am a familiar face among all of the ones who I knew
This state of being something and someone, in the back of my mind
Lets me write, as I keep looking for whatever it is, to be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment