Counter

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Day 265: Tuesday Postings

This one is just a simple posting from my work chair and desk, my legs stretched out as I feel the need to write in between the chaos that might surround the day. It is a mellow one with a headphone jammed into my head and a slow music suddenly fills my ears trying to remind me of a place I might relate to it. We are all about simple writing sometimes, about expressing in the least of words and just knowing that you relate to the world in more ways than you think. In the randomness of a mid day post, in the tea cup that reflects from a far as the tea gets colder, I write with the idea of putting a story in a poem and leaving just a little bit of myself and you in the writings.

Tuesday Postings
So I sat there writing a story in a rhyme
Tuesday blues around me, mellowed in headphones I wear
I keep telling myself of all things, I am feeling fine
That I am still under warranty & yet constantly under repair

This slow afternoon sunshine warms my tea mug on the outside
The cold air she blows across my face
As I wrote down to capture just a little bit of my day's fight
Redrawing, re-sketching and rewriting some things I erase


These huddled students on my work floor
They have moved in and out as always before
So I captured just this bit of mystery
How the simple things we write about are our own stories

You may ask me if I will write them long or short
Will they be inspired by real life or not at all
You may wonder which parts have made any sense of sorts
For I have made sketches I draw right on the wall

Tuesday postings from my work chair and desk
Writing a story for you and me, dreaming up the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment