Counter

Monday, November 16, 2015

Day 268: Being Human

Over the span of last couple of days I have realized that sometimes even if we like to write poems to a certain inclination, there are times when the topics we write about overtake our mind. They are not concerned with the world that reads but rather the mind that writes and with the heart that feels what it pours out into poetry. I have tried to make sense of these moments sometimes and as the deconstructed bits of pieces of our mind come together on my diary entries and poems. I fold the page on the moleskin diary as I reach out for a pen to quickly trace the footsteps of my thoughts. They are walking along the ocean so they quickly disappear as I write them down. It is human nature to be pensive, to be reflective when you least expect it and I guess to write when no one is reading.

Being Human
Being human, sometimes and somedays
Is the hardest thing to be, the hardest thing to stay
Being true to yourself, being honest at best
Never knowing the rules of the game, as life plays the rest

This writing of mine, it unfolds slowly in my mind
It quiets down for just a bit, while I looks for things to write
Being human is sometimes all about making mistakes
And yet learning from them somehow & someways


If writing this was my way of talking to you
Telling you of stories that we have written together too
You don't know them yet, as they get lost in time
As for me, I am cursed never to forget these memories of mine

If being human is all about nostalgia alive in poetry
About getting these simple words to rhyme & yet be free
I see many sides of this world, I read faces in a glimpse
Being human is all I choose to be, the last time since

Some will say these distractions will run their course
I tell them worry not my friend, these are the ones I chose
For being human may have been about roles we play
For me writing them down, is the only way

1 comment:

  1. not cursed. blessed.

    this theme is central to my dissertation, Being in Time ;)

    ReplyDelete