Counter

Friday, November 13, 2015

Day 267: Summer Winter

Sometimes the hardest thing to do is communicate, the idea of talking when you need to despite all the caveats and in-betweens that exist. Our biggest complaints some nights maybe about conversations we don't get to have, the ones we don't plan to have anyways. Sometimes it is just as simple as trying to reach someone whose battery has run out and hoping that somehow somewhere they get the message. The snippets of our talks, the ones we do get to arrange between these random conversations hold most of the meaning I write to some nights.

Summer Winter
We are lovers with nothing to lose or gain
We just know how to love even if it pains
Even if there are reasons that some things will never be
We are chained in our thoughts and yet kept free

We are long hours, that feel longer tonight
When I can't reach you as you keep your discharged phone on your side
So I label my door, telling you I am back home
Hoping you will read it and know I am waiting for


We are communications that are important yet impossible to make
So I choose to write down, the ones I might somehow forget
I write down my cold night, as my fingers; they go numb
I keep writing in the hope of seeing what it slowly becomes

We are unchained tonight, no questions asked
We are quiet that seems too long, as though much time has passed
We are wearing our warm jackets and yet we are not warm
I try to find who you are as you slowly find who I am

No comments:

Post a Comment