Counter

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Day 84: Color me Red

"Color me a color" was a concept I was discussing with a friend a long time ago, it was about the idea that different days and emotions could allow us to associate ourselves with colors. And sometimes this notion becomes so clear when we emote outward . The human psyche when it comes to emoting inward and outward has always interested me, we don't always project and even if we do I feel we sometimes paint the outside and in differently. "Red" is associated with power, strength and also passion , love, and strength and for no matter what the quality the user may draw from  it , for me there is nothing more perfect today evening than watching a fiery sun take a bow and end the day,and hence I wish "Color me Red"

Color me Red
Some days I think of all that was lost,
In brush strokes and cruel versus between lost meaning in words.
In between the negatives and positives that I forget to develop,
In pictures in my head and the reasons I refuse to give up

Some days I wish you would color me red,
Bring me back to life, from the deep sleep I live in outside of my bed.
Shake me and stir me awake, bring me back to life,
We are all unwritten pieces in your book, we are colors that can't be contained in lines


Color my soul, my mind, colors that bleed when you think of tonight,
When you recollect everything that makes you happy and for once willfully lets you lose my sight
In the shadow when it's too bright, I stand behind you like a silhouette ,
In between bells that ring out loud, and yet play like music to my ears and only in my head

I fear the day may be too short at times, and yet I encourage you to take a chance,
To fill the wall, will scribbles and sketches , for once let go of charge as the walls are painted by hand
Among many things I wish for tonight, in shades of color that are so loud,
For now I wish to be on a canvas somewhere, painted red as the sunset ending the day & taking a bow

No comments:

Post a Comment