Counter

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Day 85: Misspelled Love

Every year I come across this idea where we feel the need to express love within a time frame of a day. Though the gesture is sweet to give yourself an excuse to be sweeter and kinder in someways I find it is always a good idea to write to love. And though some of our letters are misread, misspelled or left in between the mailboxes we find warmer hopes in the colder winder nights. During a conversation with a friend who wanted to find love, I realize how universal some things are, though we may say it , spell it or even hear it differently it always leaves behind a mark. And it was along this conversation that I read a misspelled letter she wrote and as I read it all of it still made perfect sense, so here's to misspelled love.

Misspelled Love
I wonder if you wander at times,
About the words that no longer make sense and don't even rhyme
That are still part of the prose that makes poetry,
That rhymes just a bit with you, and with a little bit of me

I wonder if the misspelled words in your mind,
Lets you sleep at night, when you could leave it all behind
When the tired day listens but only to you,
And knows not where to go and neither what to do.



We love with more than just a day, and yet we express it so rare,
Among the many things we hold dear, there's rarer things about which we care
The endings to beginnings they day, and of joyous retreats,
When in the quiet of the coldest winter night, you find warmth , you feel the heat

The frosted window panes and chilly winds outside. Do you walk to a different door?
Because I am still here, and so are you and yet your footsteps are quieter than before
I love to love the day sometimes, to wander in my own pursuits at nights,
Because we have not gained or lost a day, even misspelled love are still one of a kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment