Counter

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Day 28: Pieces Redefined

When all of the pieces are defined, we will find a way to complete the puzzle, we will find the perfect answer even if there is none to find. I walked home late last night, like many others mumbling bits and pieces of poetry to myself instead of being numbed by the earphones that generally covers my ears. I was walking back as I thought about all of the things I heard today, including the name of a friend which means both alone and the learned one, and how we giggled whether they were both complimentary to one another. The most honest reality about yourself, is often kept for you alone to discover. And in between the late night walk back, between stopping for a stranger to make a phone call using my phone, and between waking up at 4 in the morning to realize sleep becomes rarity at times all felt like a story to me.  So I write to the pieces we all define

Pieces Redefined
Let me draw from the beginning, from the places in time,
   When all of the pieces were laid out, and every one of them defined
Like the last piece of art that refuses to stay in the gallery,
   We are kept like priceless bits , locked away but in our memories


We are both learned and kind, we are both lost and found,
   We are both locked away in eternity in thoughts, and we are free at moments we are unbound,
We are wicked beyond our own beliefs, we don't complain of days anymore,
   Any by now you are wondering, why I say we are "both" like ever before

The both of us includes me and you,
   From writing to the edge of a page and for you  to read through,
I fear sometimes if my search for symmetry,
   Leads me no where more simple, than coming back to simplicity

We are but pieces redefined, we piece together from time to time,
   And then when the world gets hauntingly still, we are often often pressing rewind
For now the night lights are still bright from my window pane,
   For now my picture in words is all I have to draw, for now they are all that remains


No comments:

Post a Comment