Counter

Friday, October 3, 2014

Day 29: At Work Somedays

I despise the idea that there can be irrational truth, that truth can be in forms that don't make sense and don't fit any logical explanation of what we believe to be true and yet the world never fails to surprise me. The world never sits aside and conspires and yet creates these places that live only in our mind. Whether it is staring at colleagues behind dimly lit computer screens, to humming a tune when we hope no one is watching or no one cares. We can all find pieces of ourselves in the places we work sometimes, the places we give most of our lives to, in between subtle comedy that we look forth in the people who surround us. There is something inherent about shared laughter, it doesn't originate from just the element of comedy, it originates from the experience , from the actors and members present and for a minute minute from the design of it all. So I write this one to my lab, to my friends and colleagues , to my memories and the ones that stay.

At Work Somedays
Oh sprinkle me along even if I am long gone,
Hum my tune like you are singing my favorite song
Remind me of old times, of story tales we shared at our chairs,
Of the times we could do something simply for a dare.


The tall building doors, the alarm codes, the warmth of the chair reminds me of home,
Or does it sound too desolate, like the story that was never heard, the ones that wasn't told
They are in between the crackles of the day, they are between silent glances,
They are between the times I feared most, and of times that reminded me of missed chances

Oh carry me along, when you wander away, 
Like the leaves that fall off this time of year, I refuse to stay
Oh old story tales my love, come find me home,
Come sit by my, with me in and in the places you think, I no longer belong

No comments:

Post a Comment