Counter

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Day 35: Leave me with

In this weekend a lot of my friends have lost their near and dear ones. Some have lost family, some have lost friends and no matter how much we want to make sense of things it never seems to fit in perfectly. I have had my moments like that, when I was in undergrad I lost a close friend to an accident and though there was nothing I could change about it , it changed me because of our last conversation. Our need to know something about the other person, and coming to a stage where we have learned enough. Many have asked me about this innate need for me to know people, for more reason to explain why I feel the need to know, and though I don't have a better answer it is honestly because I don't want to miss out on learning from them. A time comes in all of our lives when we have said goodbye to the most comfortable things in our lives and moved on, when we have decided to do that exact same thing. I write to that time when I knew we needed more time to say and even though this weekend seems mellow , I guess we all need a little mellow in our lives. Here's to the part we couldn't learn, and here's hoping we'll never question the need to learn more

Leave me with
Leave me a part of your soul,
Even if I don't believe in it at all
Something about warm memories,
Will keep drawing from more sun shines that will set us free

We will breathe the air, till we hear the wind rustling by,
Till the warm October turns cold and yet covers what is mine,
We will feel like the blade of grass, like the fresh morning dew
Few will always will be remembered by many, and some only by a few


Leave me a bit of belief,
Even if the chances maybe, that everything are against odds,
We have grown to be the difference we see,
We have learned to hold hands, even if we are distant and apart

Leave me with inspiration , till we learn how to fly away,
I still believe you are grounded still, you were always meant to stay
We will be like the empty dishes, the lost voice mails that stays in your phone,
We are still the soul, the memories, the wind in my ears, we were just there like never before

No comments:

Post a Comment