Counter

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Day 31: To the Start of Days

Every morning one of the first few things I get to do is visit the department office, check my mail and chat, about the start of my days with our grad secretary and though it may seem to be one of those mundane things of the day,  it has meaning. I would often hear her tell me about how the mood shifts between Mondays to Fridays almost as though following a perfect bell curve with ever so many kinks and changes in between. And though we don't give it enough credit I feel our start of days are the defining moments , they will often set the curve , they will either keep you warm or will drive you insane just the same. Oh, how I wish I knew the dynamics of it all, the changes we wish we didn't face some days and then of some that we keep coming back to. Many of us today will go about without thinking about the start, but I am hoping to write to it none the less.

To the Start of Days
Here's to the many start of days,
The moment when all has been wiped clean and the whiteboard stays,
The times we have hit reset and hoped to start a new,
Here's to those who have taken chances, the very few.


There are times that I often write, to motions of the day,
Between 15 minute intervals, and between reminders that sway,
The ones who sit at their office window, who would steal a peek outside,
Then then are those who would work in closed doors and among artificial light

My notebook fills with notes some days, some days I find it hard to scribble along,
Not everyday resets even if we want it to, some days are just about find the right song.
Don't leave with the earphones on, sing for a minute, even if you have to go out of your way,
For whatever maybe the start, read with me, write with me , and hit pause some days

No comments:

Post a Comment