Counter

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Day 36: The Other side of Walls

A friend of mine asked me to write about the other side of walls , the feeling we often face when we are on the other side of things far from people, far from any kind of power over a situation and far from looking and taking a peek at the other side. I would often confide to people that I am among those who believes the glass is full based on whether you need it to be, and though being positive about a thought process doesn't always help it allows you to assimilate the impossible. My idea isn't to share my philosophy, it isn't about writing to biases that I might have towards friends or toward the topics I choose to write about, but I find the sneakiness of the write up still worth the wait. As I fall from time to time, and wish for a sneak at the other side of the wall I remind myself the other side for now, is whatever I want it to be.

The Other side of Walls
The other side of walls, are often beyond the reaches of mystery,
I want to think of things, and often hopelessness in something we believe,
They are about the times you struck your head against a dead end,
Or reasons you decided to keep coming back, the reasons you would pretend.


My comfort lies in disbelief, and yet hoping for the best,
Walls are constant reminders to try harder , and to keeping looking for the rest,
The tired soul, the weary travelers rests against you for a while,
And the silent gazes you share as you sleep and the whole world simply smiles

My tired self pours down on the side, I write on you my only blockade,
And yet my scribbling fills pages to come, you provide me with my only escape
You don't crumble down, you don't fail and fall , you are a part of this history,
You are every bit as stubborn as reason is, and you can always be as unreasonable as reason can be

The other side of walls are a tiny bit hazy, they are captured by dreamers of the day,
They are written about in fantasy and won in wars to the worlds dismay,
But sometimes when the pieces crumble, you get to keep your etchings on their side,
You have every reason to leave and yet you stay to take a peek even if for a while.

1 comment: