Counter

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Day 68: Often Unrest that Surrounds Me

The flight to Miami was a long one and though the quiet flights don't always give you time to do anything but stare outside to through the windows and the setting sun, they do provide the perfect feel of being in between the clouds as the day switches over to the night. The napkins becomes my friend when I am done drinking my drink and I feel I simply need to write. This writing was written when I got here two days back and when I remember the need to summarize the unrest that surrounds on these longer journeys and shorter ones alike, the anxious selves get to move from one point to the other and yet our mind writes of things that lie back home, of fights that are yet to be fought. And hence I write to unrest that surrounds me. Though this is a recap this is the poem I wrote that night on the napkin I had tucked away and the unrest I feel often surrounds all of us from time to time, I hope we all find our places to stay

Often Unrest that Surrounds Me
It is often unrest that surrounds me,
As the day falls into the arms of the night,
When all to say is said, to do is done,
When I can hang the boxing gloves, when I know I have won the fight

The cheers of the day, the mellow evening skies today,
Are carried on shoulders of the ones who chose to stay.
And the few who have walked in mere disbelief,
Who have lost their will to stay and yet haven't found a reason to leave.


There is often unrest that surrounds me,
An impending anxious self, sways from day to day,
I start with so many who feel just the same,
And yet they make excuses why they found a better place, a reason they cannot stay

The winnings of the nights are collected in my heart,
They are found in between the summaries I write,
They are in between my thoughts and scribbles tonight,
And in between the reasons , why we even began this fight


No comments:

Post a Comment