Counter

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Day 69: Skybound

Over the past couple of weeks and months I have traveled and flown a lot many miles, and sometimes I feel I have an addiction to write on those long flights when you have nothing better to do except stare outside from time to time. And it is often staring outside when the plane flies close to the ground that you can see these endless array of houses with blinking lights, the glittering windows of homes that remain warm even though there lies a cover snow outside. It is at times when I am bound in a flight, that I experience what people refer to as a flight of the mind, and so I write to this one on my way from Miami, I hope you find your own trip, your own flight of the might moment, for now I am skybound in my mind

Skybound
I stare outside my dark window, the evening skies are with you somewhere in the houses below,
Are you unheard of, untold of, or simply too loud, for silence to sometime follow
If finding myself with wings, was all that kept me from trying,
I would still be skybound, hurling in the sky, and you will still find me flying

They tell us we are cruising through, we breathe recycled air & drink from cans,
Slightly basked in the evening sky, slightly lost in the light, in between what I can and can't
Why doesn't the addiction of flight simply like all things just fades away,
Why does it still feel like freedom, every time I am skybound on my way


Of places I write sometimes and others which I call home,
And some that are incoherent this high above & like memories that are long gone
Plan the night, the bitter cold but surrounds my feet,
And yet something warm, my thoughts in my head, keeps me warm in my seat

Skybound my soul, my mind writes with almost no restraints,
I am used to the roaring engine sounds, and the long flight times no longer bear constraints.
Unbound my poetry, somewhere high above,
To everything we must write to, but here's only to the things we love

No comments:

Post a Comment