Counter

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Day 74: Day Time Writing

I often wondered how things would change if I would write in the middle of the day, somewhere around noon when things are least expected to begin or end I would find a prelude. And with a lit bit of inspiration I should be able to convert that into a writing. It is already mid January and as we walk outside the apartment for a while,the rain warms the cold winter air, we rejoice in the momentary warmth that fills us. For all that matters right now is that lazy or not so lazy Sunday afternoon that is always better spent somewhere else. And hence this one is to the mid day musings of the day

Day Time Writing
It was just bright enough to start my day,
I am just asleep enough to know I am awake
When I am lying lazy on a Sunday morning in bed,
With songs playing out loud and with no dreams in my head

I have been passive for a while, dreaming in and out,
I have been reminding myself of those dreams, the ones that are covered with a shroud
My tinkering with the books that lay beside on my bed,
The edges, the spline and the smell of pages that sometimes wakes me up instead.


When I was a little child, I was told reading myself to bed kept the words in my head,
But as I grew up, I learned it is called memory and that there are some which I would unlearn instead
I lay onto a side , I stared at the bleak sunlight outside my window pane,
There was just enough sanity left in my head, to put the pieces together in a world so insane

My day time writing hence starts just a bit late, but lingers around in my head,
They are reasons that I kept to myself, the ones that have helped me get out of bed
Be brave this day my dear, you have dreamed of too much to let go,
You have written some of those down somewhere, and some are too special for even yourself to know

Be patient, be kind, be thoughtful for a while, to the little things & musings of the day,
Whatever reasons catches your fancy somehow, just find yourself a reason to be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment