Counter

Monday, January 19, 2015

Day 75: The Part of Me

The part of me is essentially about writing to the bits and pieces that you recollect about yourselves, sometimes when you at the passenger seat on a long drive, when you are listening loudly to music as though the world is on mute, when you stare outside the glass window watching the sun go down or simply when you are walking down memory lane in your head over and over again. Though whatever you recollect may be different, I wish to share what I feel is a shared experience and hence this is my shared writing as always, hope you find the part of you

The Part of Me
The loud hearted part of me, that doesn't care for the world,
That sings out a song, hums like a child and runs about untied , restless for a while
The part of me that looks for just a bit of solitude,
Is on a long break for now, it needed a break from being quite from me and you

It's 3.00 Am said the Simon and Garfunkel  record, it only moved to my iPod somehow,
It is still the same lyrics, the cover, the album art, there's nothing different just the time has changed for now
And the nitty gritties of the day, the silent workers of the night,
Who have all but remembered to live whatever way, who have simply picked up a fight


The part of me that is unburdened at days end, still writes to beginnings some days,
It believes that in whatever permanency of the night, it can still find it's way back home someway
The hours of the night seems to stretch and stroll, it walks back home with you,
It remembers the minutes that went by somewhere and yet it can't seem to let them go

The part of me that lies uneventful at time, 
   listening to music, writing to no one & everyone just the same,
It has found that the real reason we worry about,
   because we all find happiness even when you think things have changed
The loud hearted me, the brave soul for the week, the tepid waters on my bathroom floor,
Reminds me of warm hugs and a walk down memory lane to places where I have been before.

No comments:

Post a Comment