Counter

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Day 72: Dream awake

There is a moment just before waking up, just before the start of things when the perfect sleep must end. The tired eye lids lies on the beds waiting to comprehend more, and though there is an incessant need to know, we still enjoy the mystery before the new day. Imagine driving on a long and distant road all night knowing the hours are changing like chords on a piece of music you wrote long ago. The music is loud and yet peaceful in its own way. Here's to dreaming awake, the day dreamers and dream makers, keep writing.

Dream Awake
I thought I will write again, on places in my head,
The dusty walls that have gone cold without footsteps.
The crumbled remnants of what used to be
The places in need of constant repair, the places we still keep.

The long drive down memory lane, sitting by & staring at the lights outside,
The music plays for a bit, and fades in the night sky, you steal a glimpse with whoever is by your side
The engine rumbles past the city limits, the clear night and the bright headlight ahead,
You have come too far to drive back home, I wish we could just keep the night instead.


Do you sometimes think of the moment in your sleep, when the dream talks on your behalf,
When restless eyes keep moving by, your best version of you is more surreal than the dream you have
The countless times I tell myself, that stories must be written in reality still,
But we draw from memories that are sometimes left behind, we find moments for the spaces to fill.

I dream awake from time to time, I think of the next day as we write it side by side,
We are risk takers, we are thinkers, we are makers and most of all we are ourselves at times.
So I yearn for the new, my restless heart seeks the music on the radio the world plays,
Here's hoping I get to learn from it, and here's hoping I get to change the station someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment