Counter

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Day 101: Tell me anyway

In the last two days the chaos of workplace and the semester highs have been keeping me away from reminiscing about things. The idea of reminiscing over the things people tell you is fascinating, though we learn to listen we absorb and learn in the process. We tend to dilute as we get overly selective with what we want to hear in those conversation but we have them anyways. It is in between these moments when I feel we like the idea of sharing that we grow fond of from time to time. It is in the irrelevant things our friendships are renewed and even small things that we get to keep the memories we keep. Tell me anyways ,with or without words

Tell me anyway
Tell me that the restless city lights sleep from time to time,
That it may rain outside my windows while it's sunny on your side.
That the quite hours of the night, still listens closely to you,
Tell me I can change the things we wouldn't change a bit, whenever I wanted to

Tell me anyways and anyhow about forever that we can never see,
And stand on shoulder of giants and with dwarfs alike, when we would recollect memories.
The choices some days are about the easiest things we know,
The little things in the back of our head, and some that we keep but will never show
















Without words when the conversations are loud enough, when a smile warms a day,
When the talks we didn't have, and all the things we couldn't say
Tell me about the fair things in life, things that make sense to you most times,
That are better than the stories we once shared, and the ones that are now hard to find

Tell me with no remorse over things in the past, some things that changed your day,
And in the corners of our mind we don't visit anymore, I play the music we played.
I write to you, as you to me , we share words that make us fonder at times,
Tell me anyways about the memories you claim as yours and the ones I keep as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment