Counter

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Day 111: Close to Home :Nepal

In the past couple of days something close to home has been on my mind. The earthquakes that have shaken up parts of the Nepal and the trysts that have fallen upon the people who are both close and dear to me . It is in great pain and anguish sometimes that the stronger side of the human spirits are united by a goal. And in this time of need I hope we are able to give something back , if not share in the compassion I wish to extend to others. I write to you

Close to Home :Nepal
Storytellers in this world, we have taken in a whole lot,
We have cared for nothing less , and with some we have lost touch
Weep this time my world, we have lost sons and daughters in time again,
You have been shaken up,as havoc has reigned

Listeners of the late night stories tonight, hear echoes that resonate to you,
And a restless heart from a thousand miles, stands in silence too
In the helplessness find a reason for yourself, we unite in causes big and small,
We may have fallen down from time to time, but we have always learned to stand tall


Whisperers of stories tonight, dim the lights just a bit, let the tired ones come home,
Who have lost much in the crazy world, tell stories to those who will sleep alone
We are strengthened by tests of faith you say,
And yet I have seen worried eyes and withered hopes in dismay

How much is enough I ask myself, do we rise from ashes in desperate times,
Do we build but walls of hope , and I get to keep that memory of a places so mine.
Brothers, father, daughters and mothers and many with relation undefined,
I hope you find a place to rest the fallen ones, and a little peace in your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment