Counter

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Day 108: Above the Sky

I have missed out on writing for an entire week, I was in Chicago attending the AAG while the things I wanted to talk most about everyday was lost in the tiredness that overtook most of my nights. In between all of the chaos I was invited for dinner to a old friend's place and it felt as thought no time had passed as we caught up. It was while sitting at the window sill and staring outside to the city lights I felt both the warmth glow of the lights and the cold winds that sheers across them. There is often a feeling we call home, and it is found with the familiar ones who have not changed.

Above the Sky
We were lost in the roads as we stared into the city light,
Where the day ended and the night walked by our side,
The cold nights that lay itself on my numbed out face,
And the part of reality we get to keep, the part we never erase

We write our own stories sometimes, we think of them from time to time,
We are bound in recipe books we draw from, and the things you add and some that are mine
I have moved around in spaces of our head, figuring out what it all means for a while,
Why is it any different to find a lost friend, and find that you have not moved on but were frozen in time



The morning outside your window sill, the glimpses from floors above the sky,
Were about things being written somewhere, somehow and wrapped in time till the next time we fly
You were right about things remaining the same, they might change on the outside,
But there will always be warm reminders of the things we kept, we didn't let slide by

Above the sky my wings take rest, I am just home on a cold night,
I am everything that keeps simplicity a term that I get to often define.
We are wanderers together, we are understated facts, we are true to ourselves always,
We are moments in time, we are bookmarks to classics we read again at days end.

No comments:

Post a Comment