Counter

Monday, April 27, 2015

Day 109: Of Travels to Nowhere

There are nights when all the wishes of a long day, is about laying on a tired pillow somewhere in the middle of the night. It is about dreaming of a long adventure we take without informing many people and sending back postcards to yourself. We have all written to different things from time to time, and in the past couple of days I was looking for a topic as I was surrounded by a sea of people. It is true that inspiration must strike when you least expect it, and whether it is between the end of semester week or between crazy exam schedules, the definition and meaning of the writing must hold true no matter when. There have been many who have been disappointed in the last couple of weeks with outcomes from life that no matter how far they have come they feel they need to disappear for a while. Here's to that feeling of adventure that excites and haunts us, keep you bags packed my friend. 

Of Travels to Nowhere 
Some nights I feel I am losing touch,
I am wreck less with those who have lost much.
I have been closed in between, take long breaks at time,
And yet I have kept coming back to what I call mine

I sometimes feel that in hopeless despair,
When my night seems like a lost cause and beyond repair,
When the quiet footsteps on the door outside,
Reminds me of nothing more my hearts desire


I say travel my friend, till the roads seem unknown & heart feels lost,
You were never meant to be cast aside , never meant to be distraught
Till the mocking bird sits on the tree branch and sings to me,
Till I write of long tales tonight & sometimes late poetry

We all deserve diaries with adventures still, of motorcycle rides to no man's land,
The number plates have faded away, and the whole world seems small from where you stand,
From travels to nowhere, wherever the roads may take, I hope you come back to endless retreats.
You are unsigned,unwritten , and an unposted note, you are missed from wherever you used to be.

Oh endless fairy tales of the day or night,
You have been whispered in my ears , you have always been in sight
The mystery that shrouds my thoughts tonight,
Must permeate to you, in words I choose to write

No comments:

Post a Comment