Counter

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Day 117: Overtones

Sometimes writing poetry is trying to listen to the lyrics when the music is too loud, when there is a distinct departure of what you hear over the loudest sounds, the overtones. And the most important part is trying to make sense to them when we begin to write. This idea came to me when I was trying to listen to a song while having a conversation with a friend, I realized soon enough that though my ears could capture both my mind made sense to only what it chose to hear. The overtones , the defining moments and the choices we make when we decide to write. What must come to you feeble must sometimes stand as giants, and be louder than the loudest voice. Sometimes the overtones can be the hidden meaning we aspire to capture so here's to the overtones

Overtones
I can hear you loud, over the overtones,
In the music that shrouds me and some that surrounds
The reasons we have and have not begun to listen,
Why we have forgotten the roads we have circled around.

Tunes in my head, conversations that I couldn't get out of my mind,
And when "we" as we were, was left somewhere far behind
I walk in streets and doors that have been shut out some days.
People have moved along and some have moved away.


And yet the growing longing remains,
To hear that voice just one more time, and time again.
We are whisperers to the voiceless, we write with words we cannot say,
We have been blessed with just this much, with a pen and paper & whatever may

The street signs tell me to slow down from time to time,
They are familiar and yet I feel lost in my mind.
The reason we know we begin again,
I listen to the not just the song, but the overtones in my head

No comments:

Post a Comment