Counter

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Day 122: On my Porch

Our need for travel is often related to our incessant need for the new, for a change that must give meaning to whatever we choose to do from time to time. Whether it is sharing a conversation with long lost friends or whether we decide to be in the warm company of so many who have come our way. We are bound to learn from the shared and collective experience we get when people come together, and it is in moments of collective nature that I relate to experiences being born. I shared an evening meal with friends, in warm company yesterday, and though almost all were new , I felt welcomed amidst them . I write to the porch we sat on, as the sunlight faded away

On my Porch
We are often spoken for, when it comes to writing poetry,
Our heart and mind find spaces on a page, somewhere where they can be free
And yet when the tired daylight rests so gently on my porch tonight
I know I have learned to be written down on crumpled pieces of poetry at times

We are structured thoughts that live in few lines,
We have come too far and we have crossed spaces too wide
After all whatever may come from all the meaning you can derive,
Is for you to read, they are thoughts that come alive in your minds


Why carry on with the riddled heart? Why question no one at best?
Have we found all that can be answered, is your mind truly at rest?
Through stained glasses on the porch tonight, the light fades away
And the warmth of long lasting companies keep you company wherever you stay

We are crumpled at best, we don't come with neat folds and lines
But are written down as thoughts in our head, what you call yours and I call mine
I would rather be unknown someday, be about the pieces that makes me whole,
For now I will write poetry in many languages, hoping none of it ever grows old

No comments:

Post a Comment