Counter

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Day 118: Fail Better

Over the last couple of weeks the hardest things I know people have gone through, were tested in time. Sometimes it is important to know that you can fail and not see it as a sign of weakness, not consider it as something wrong. I have been reading thoughts from random places and the one thing that stuck with me while thinking of today's piece was a quote "Try again, fail again, fail better". We have all had our moments in the sun, we have all been too tired to even begin from time to time, but more often the best part of us will tell us to get back and to try again, fail again and indeed fail better this time. You never know what will surprise you, because by definition it is a surprise, it will come to you when you least expect it. This is for all those who have had this hard time over the last week, month or year, I want you to know we have all felt the same, we have all been worried, and we have all had regrets, all I want you to do is try again.

Fail better
I take steps ahead and fall behind,
To know something in your heart, and yet never make up your mind.
We are dreamers who were wide awake, we refuse to close our eyes,
Till the point something inside gives and makes you want to survive.

We have failed many a times, I want you to fail better today,
I want you to wipe off the smudges that may have marred your way.
Feel the roads disappear and make it back to you,
Till the point all you can think about is a reason to follow through.


Fail with pride sometimes, you have tried it every other way,
You have kept a straight face when it mattered most, never let it get away.
In your eyes I see that which you question every time,
Whether it is a part of you that makes it home, I will never find.

I see the world obsessed with success sometimes while too much has changed,
We have been lost in the obsession of it all, till the unrecognizable has remained.
Fail again my dear friend,for we have tried and tried,
We are walking ahead and stepping behind, just learn to fail better every single time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment