Counter

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Day 354: Sweet Biscuits

This one was a harder piece to write, I guess mostly because it was looking at something we get to make and yet as something more symbolic. I write this to the sweet biscuits we make, the memories we bake together in the oven. Even on a slow, gloomy and slightly warmer day, my thoughts escape right back to you in the month of May. I am writing this as though hoping that the room smells of that perfect batch we made, the little pieces of warmth I share at the beginning of the day. For all that is unanswered for now, I hope they remain just as they may. Here's hoping it reaches right where it needs to and the aftertaste lasts just a little longer.

Sweet Biscuits
So I packed them all, all that I could fit
And took it on travels; even if just for a bit
Reminded myself of a warmer place
And a smile that lit the day, right on your face

There are words on my footsteps, I write them down
I am hoping to be the familiar, in the box of lost & found
Come find me when you expect me; to be nearby
When you looking for a walk and yet wishing you could fly


I bake memories, as the warm oven it slowly cools
I am sweet biscuits that sit on the tray and on the stool
While the whole house it fills with maybe just your smile
You are thoughts that don't escape & aftertaste that lingers a while

My sweet dreams that I sometimes get to make
These perfect pieces of sweet biscuits that we bake
You lend me a hand and I lend one back to you
We are making memories and keeping them in jars too

No comments:

Post a Comment