Counter

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Day 353: Funny How

I seem to be slowing down more as I keep writing and edging towards the last few pieces of the blog. I am not sure if this is something I planned for or something that is just triggered in the back of my head. I find a few things funny because of situations lately than anything else, funny how we wish for lost things, funny how we claim to remember dreams that we often forget. In the little things, I wish to write today, I am crawling just a bit and then somehow hoping I will have to leave this incomplete someway. It is funny how we struggle with life and learn from the contrasts at best. For the rest, I leave as though gossips that are untold and in stories that will unfold.

Funny How
Funny how the crescent moon still takes a peak
Looking out for the night, as though waiting for it to sleep
Or how it says goodbye in the middle of the dream
As you lie awake hoping to go right back to the scene

The moments that I climb up and down the stairs
As though looking for something and not knowing where
While the hours come together & the hourglass hits play
Our thoughts as they align, during the passing of a day


Funny how these songs that are stuck in our head
You whistle them time to time and I hum them instead
How life is more of passing that staying still
Holding on to dreams you don't remember at free will

Old friend on the side notes of paper diaries
Are you lost at times just like me?
Or have the crumpled pages and writings remained
Have they somehow refused to simply age

No comments:

Post a Comment