Counter

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Day 352: Corners

"I guess we all have our own corners" I was thinking out loud. As I said those I felt how true it was in the reality of things, in the open nature of the world we live in. This is not to say that we live isolated in these corners, neither to imply that we close ourselves but to imply we have our own sides to take sometimes. That we are all in visible corners we can all see, we have thoughts we believe, arguments we understand and music we play in these spaces. While it might be a bit naive to try to understand the world as though fragmented when we rather wouldn't, I would like to think these corners are our closest selves that we share with one another.  So I write to the same, out and aloud, thought.

Corners
So we sat on the floor with invisible chaklines
You had your side and somehow I had mine
We each had corners we, even though we didn't decide
While I looked for the spaces that lay unassigned

These little moments that our memories keep
When we smile at random and maybe sometimes weep
These that have touched and formed who we are
Closer than a heartbeat and yet seemingly afar


These shades and colors of the outside sky
While I stare at the myriad, I feel time passing by
Corners that cut close & that are closer to the heart
That are simply reasons, whether close or worlds apart

I will meet you where your mind retreats & we will paint again
Draw sketches of an empty boat, and these we will frame
Why some thoughts that echo deep remain in still waters for now
While we all sit in our corners and figure out the world somehow

1 comment:

  1. corners are our comfort zones i feel you are referring so...

    ReplyDelete