Counter

Friday, April 15, 2016

Day 348: Smiles at Random

We seem to smile at random sometimes and no matter how inclined we are to think that these are always planned and situational, some of the most memorable ones are the ones you don't think about. Is is the sunshine on a cold day or maybe a memory that came loose and found their own way, maybe a song that came in the back of your head or just a tired mind smiling as you lie in bed? I am amused and amazed and as I find myself watching cartoon reruns on my screen I am smiling perhaps remembering how amusing things were and have been. I like the idea of being able to dig for nostalgia and I also value the randomness when it finds us and makes us smile. So this one is for the smiles at random that have made it to your and my face

Smiles at Random
As we pick and choose hours of this day
I lay claim to a few that come our way
These lines and edges that are in your & my hand
Maybe our roadmaps to familiar places where we land

Why do we smile at random, as we travel alone?
Or stare at the blank screens on our phone
Why things that flee are the ones we wish for to stay?
Our hopes and dreams and stories that come our way


I tell myself that in the back of my head
You are my best of chapters that I have read
So I write a few drafts of my own just in case
Maybe become a few characters or find my own place

These mystery machines and cartoons I never forget
I still keep them as sweet nostalgia in the back of my head
As the little bits & pieces of me travels back in time
I look for a smile, without reason or even rhyme

No comments:

Post a Comment