Counter

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Day 346: Just Listening

There is a weird connection between those who listen and talk. There are those who feel compelled to do either of the two and then those who are put in situations. I have been late in choosing the last few writings as the year draws to a close at least in a blog and I have no excuse but that I have been trying to listen to things that often do not speak. Whether they are the mood of the day, the rain outside or the often long stretches of hours sitting on a chair. In the quiet moments, I am trying to make sense of the things I claim to know for sure and some that in time become fonder and more expressed. Maybe I am on repeat like the records on a loop but I am listening to you as I write a few, tell me you are talking back too?

Just Listening
To me, you are among the only things I know for sure
You are waves that I can touch and feel on the shore
These things that want me to slow the day down
Not knowing how to keep them for long or even around

So I listen to you like old records on a gramophone
When I am in a crowd but maybe feeling alone
While the lyrics and the music they blend in the rain
We figure out our own address or from where we came.


Just listening for now, to whoever needs to talk
Trying the long road home, with more time to walk
As I mellow just a little bit, trying to pour my thoughts
Strong drinks that stay on the sides of a paper cup

I am dog-eared chapters, folded up in a magazine
The ones you get to read when you find time in between
While the world may need to talk, I listen for now
Writing more chapters, wishing to be bookmarked somehow

No comments:

Post a Comment