Counter

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Day 347: Parking Lots

Probably one of the most random places we miss while going through our day are parking lots. These vast array and spaces with parked cars , some that leave and a few that come in to replace their space. No better example of transitivity among the non living , and yet something that is purely tied to the idea of being calm, being at rest, being parked even if for a bit. Something more permanent even if momentary within that changing nature of these places. Such as some thoughts that come and stay a little longer, that have been known to reserve places and some that like the unclaimed ones collect tickets and refuse to move. For now inspiration truly comes from the strangest places, probably the quieter ones, probably the empty ones at best.

Parking Lots
You are still in my head, like a parked car
Unchanging even if for a little bit, right where you are
These sides of the car door I hold open for you
I am wishing for these thoughts that you have let through

I am puddles of rain that you splash as you slow down
You wait for a while or maybe you sometime turn around
Drive around tirelessly till the end of this day
Without road maps in your heads, without a place to stay


You are still the paint on the sides, the details I rarely miss
While I am the wind on your windshield trying to steal a kiss
Wishful thinking as the song on the radio get loud
You are whispering to me, while I hear the whole world shout

You are still in my head and parked in a parking lot
You are thoughts I remember, even if chances were I forgot
Still places on land , just places to lay down and sleep
Maybe nostalgia that is too sweet and yet the only thing you keep

No comments:

Post a Comment