Counter

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Day 358: Palettes

While I kept staring at the pencil sketches on the side of my notebook I kept looking outside at the rain outside my window. It smells of a memory that you can go to when you close your eyes. It reminds you of the first time you walked in the rain or maybe reminds you of paper boats that would go to no places. I think in the colors we mixed together in the palette we have painted with only a few while the rest are still waiting for brush strokes to spread them around. My color palette grows in my imagination for now, slowly as we sketch again, come paint with me.

Palettes
Come paint me like the outlines your draw
While you try to recall things that you saw
I will be the sketches in your handbook; for now
Keep drawing with no instructions, not knowing how

These palettes with dried out colors of mine
Have seen much that has passed in the passing of time
While some I have painted on canvases in the background
Important things that have refused to stick around


How do we capture a thought or a memory?
Is it fresh when it forms and nostalgia to be?
Or are we painting sketches from rough outlines
Things that we remember and the ones that we define

I am the restless boat on your wall, resting by the sea
I will be tied to nothing but the waves that are set free
While time will pass on and I will capture just today
In pictures and sketches and writings in my own way

No comments:

Post a Comment