Counter

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Day 355: I am Rain

It started to rain in the evening as the day ended. The rain it passes by as reminder of things that had been and reminder of things to come.  It treats all equally,  it just pours without reason,  without judgments or without reservation.  It knows of no boundaries that control it,  it rides the free wind.  As you close your eyes it washes both tear and anguish while the lightning reaches a part of you that you hide from even yourself.  I am the relentless,  I am the cold and the warmth of the day.

I am Rain
I am pouring outside your window pane
Between the moments that you find me sane
While I wash away the moments you hide
And bits and pieces of me will somehow survive

I am making a sound outside your door
I am sticking to your roof and lying on your floor
I am still attached to the moving of the day
I am trickling down your back like a drop of rain


I am the puddles you cross over and some that splash
You are putting out fires and leaving behind ash
Yet some things you cannot leave & neither change
Some things as they must, they will simply rearrange

These cold drops on a warmer summer night
These lightning strikes as though putting up a fight
In between the restless days, the hours too will fall
I am rain, I am washing away all

No comments:

Post a Comment