Counter

Friday, May 27, 2016

Day 359: Words we Mean

For the next one week I will try to write perhaps the last week of writing before the project that ran a little over a year comes to 365 poems and a year or more of poetry writing. I have been asked by many about what I learned and though I cannot comprehend in the full complexity the nature of that, I have learned in bits and pieces. I have learned in good and bad times, in the best and worst possible of time and in hope and also in despair. I guess one thing I can say is that the ideas and things that keep moving me have never run out and maybe only slowed just a bit when I wasn't paying any attention. I guess it all comes down to doing something because you need to, and because these are the only way and words I can reach without knowing. These are the words I mean and for the last week they are with you hidden waiting to be seen.

Words we Mean
If either one of us knew
Time we collected & of moments so few
If all was written out into your heart
While we collected scratch space right from the start

Till the end of endless days were reached by just the two
We would walk endlessly and find places to go
I would wait till our writings like flavors of food
Would taste & feel different as much as they could


But these familiar spaces we walk between
The green grass and sunshine that grazes your knees
I will pick and choose the colors I need
I will follow no one and yet  I will let you lead

I pause just for a while and write the last 7 days
Because I have written for a year & yet I have much more to say
I pick and choose these things I write about
I am storyteller with last acts as the curtains draw

No comments:

Post a Comment