Counter

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Day 356: Chocolat

Some of the sweetest things in life are often indeed like chocolates sweet and bitter, blended and tempered and handled carefully. They are sweeter still in my hot chocolate mug and as they are in the pieces I unwrap one at a time. In whatever shape or way, in hope and in dismay I find them better than comfort food or maybe something I would eat everyday if I could. But why lie maybe I do get the steal the taste every now and then and may that's all I writing about, wishing I had hot chocolate instead of ink in my pen.

Chocolat
I am only in the sugar coated wraps of my mind
Sweet tastes and chocolates that I can find
While reminders that warm memories are tempered too
They are aftertastes some for me and some for you

Why make bets on things you cannot see
Why wish upon things and then set the thoughts free?
Keep the hope they are things that manage to stay
Some that are persistent even if they seem to slip away


These questions that I am sometimes asked to frame
The bigger ones that are different but not the same
Things that encompass everything I know and do for now
So I keep coming back to the drawing board somehow

My chocolate chip cookies or biscuits whatever may
They are things I keep in jars hoping they would stay
While some things they drip like hot chocolate drinks
On the edge of my tongue & my seat, while I wait for you to blink

Perfect reminders of sweet things maybe hard to come by
So I write them down anyways, in my words I try

No comments:

Post a Comment