Counter

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Day 93: Raisin and Bread

A few days ago before I left for India, a friend of mine baked me bread which had raisins in between them and gave it to me. Though it was late in the night there, we could still meet and bid goodbye. That night that friend of mine told me, "Sam if you find little raisins in the bread, you can make wishes, this is something we believe". As I walked back home, every time I found one, I would ask for things even if it might seem silly to so many. Turns out I found way more than one raisin in the bread, so as greedy as it may sound I asked for more than one wish (not all of them for me). In the past week as I came back and as the Spring break goes by I keep thinking to myself about that loaf of baked bread and the surprises we wish we find in every bite. So here's to the friend who baked me a loaf of wishes and the mystery we find in raisin and bread.

Raisin and Bread
I am kept like wishes , held somewhere in between,
Like bites of a freshly baked day, like all sweet things that lie unseen.
The raisin and bread, the taste of it all must still surprise you at times,
How the simple things are held together, like memories that lie intertwined

Chances are that the simpler things, the breaking of bread and sharing of tea,
Still reminds you of simpler times, as they have always been to me.
And even if time is harder to find some days, in between the running around we may be lost,
We are somehow like memories , we are always there just waiting to be thought.


I wonder if we materialize everyday, like characters of a story we get to write,
We are lead on to play great parts, and then there are some for which we will stride.
I wonder sometimes in the middle of the week about things we chase,
About the little bits and parts of us, that we cannot seem to give up on & neither erase

We are misunderstood ones, we are wanderers of the day, we have been too close,
We have been friends and colleagues and everything else that the world chose.
In between the bites of the day, every time you find your place make a little time for yourself,
Remember the better things, the grander ones, and the bread full of raisin never left on the shelf

No comments:

Post a Comment