Counter

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Day 95: Starlight on my Mind

This topic came out of the blue to me,and though it is the obvious things we often miss, it is hard to miss the obvious when something is so beautiful. It all started with the picture of the southern lights, the starry sky that my friend sent me. It is when we stare to the heavens we feel the minuteness of it all, and yet in the vastness I find bliss, in the picture the night sky paints everyday I find a canvas. And while I like writing longer poems I felt I started a paragraph that needed more work, so I am continuing from there. I am using the picture she sent me and I hope she will not mind me posting it here, it is in great jealousy too that I write, for missing out on it.

Starlight on my Mind
Close your eyes, the stars will fill your mind,
They will keep sparkling in the between the blinks of your eye.
They will fill the world above, they are reminders of heavens we seek,
The stars are all that are yours, close your eyes they are yours to keep

There are starlit nights that draws you closer to home,
That reminds you of somethings that are far from long gone.
When the little kid still sketches at the sides of the book, and you write your day,
I am struck by the little things that brings us close at nights, and the dim lights that remain.


The thin glow of the fainted night, we are whisperers of words,
We have all traveled far into places we know, and some days we are just waiting to be heard,
Does it remind you of story books, of adventures that leads you into the night,
When the starlit sky , grabs you imagination and doesn't let go without a fight

They are nightlights of the sky, they are warm reminders of many homes,
They are as I told you, yours to keep, and after glows of the day long gone.
Tonight when you lay in bed , even if the night sky doesn't let you sleep,
I wish you the fascination the sky shares with you, & the stars are forever yours to keep.

In all of the bitter sweet things that we learn, we have learned to keep things special someway,
We are wanders tonight, and yet we are more than onlookers of a new day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment