Counter

Monday, March 23, 2015

Day 96: My Elastic Heart

I write this for a dear friend whose status message for the day and better known song lyrics were "I have a thick skin and an elastic heart". Though it's a simple expression, it sums up feeling far better than sentences and myriad words could put together. The idea of living with a thick skin so that nothing hurts and with an elastic heart that can grow and fit everything we feel. In any case the heart wants what it wants, and even in the weakest moments I find it comforting to write my fears out. Though they are for someone else, I hope my friend you find solace in some way, when it is most needed for now the heart beats.

My Elastic Heart
My elastic heart, beats in leaps and bound,
It breathes itself to life, as it keeps at pace with everyone around.
It pleases no one and yet it tries to please all,
It takes a hit, it stretches at times, it grows to break a fall

There are those who will tell you of easier days,
When you could take the little things, and put it away in your head
When the tired mind would stop as you closed your eyes,
And when the days end could be marked when you put yourself to bed


I have seen those have been fallen down, they fear they feel no more,
They have seen too much pain, they have felt it all as every before.
The thick skinned ones, with an elastic heart still learn to grow, still learn to feel.
Like the picture book when of memories that comes back as dreams

There are those who will find the words twisted at best,
But will still look for the reasons that keeps them awake in moments of unrest.
And for those who can relate to the weary moments for now and to be,
I hope you find comfort at times, a long dream to wake up from and a reason to be free.

You have not been beaten down, or broken away,
You were never meant to be constant, never meant to be bound, to stay this way.
You were meant to be breathing in; the essence of it all this days holds,
And sometimes to find a reason to be patient as the day unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment