Counter

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Day 98: In between a Page

I haven't really been saving up for this poetry, it was just me finding it a bit harder to write stuck between so many things. But it is in the relentlessness of the time we chase that we find great insight, inspiration and sometime a topic worth writing.  .... This idea began with my finding an old book with pages stuck together and my friend telling me about her situation with someone where she feels she's stuck somewhere together and yet not making sense to each other. In between a page relates to this complexity we find when two people are stuck together like pages in a book, the only way for you to read them meaningfully is to separate them as individual pieces and yet it makes you think if there's a part of the page that wishes that meaning could come from being stuck together. Though a more anthropomorphic version I feel relatable is anything we can relate too, and hence today and tonight is about great escapes and pages in a book

In between a Page
Here's to the great escape this night, with you and my poetry,
With everything that binds you heart close to home and yet sets you free.
This night is all about troubles that have gone away,
In time you have grown and so have I even with our separate ways

I fear the skies see me, as the clouds part, the stars glisten the night,
I think of most reasons we stop for while, and some reasons for which we put up a fight,
We are broken people at times, we try to fix ourselves at best,
We are a river that flows restlessly and yet never finds rest


Hand me down a story; that has been told many a times,
And I am far from being tired listening to a story that still feels like mine.
When the tired soul keeps coming to find you in a cold walk home,
There is something lost and things that are gained, even if I walk alone

We are in between a page, we are stuck together & we are separated to be read,
Though I know you were wishing you were still stuck in between with some meaning instead
You are moments we know we have changed beyond corned of a page,
And yet I write to you, to me, to everyone who is looking for their great escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment