Counter

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Day 320: Winter Smoke

There seems to be a love-hate relationship we are having with winter this year. It cools down and warms up just the same and just when you think you have seen it calm, it will remind you that it can turn insane. So I blow winter smoke as my breath touches the cold air, and I write with just a little bit of warmth knowing my words meet me half way there. This night as she gets ready to sleep, it slumbers in my poetry and the few words that I got to keep.

Winter Smoke
So this is you, making up your mind?
You come down as snow & slowly unwind
You come and go, in the hours of the night
I see winter smoke as I breathe onto the sky

The night she stays still, she freezes slow
She unravels as I walk back home in the snow
I am drawing circles with my feet out and around
As I pace back leaving footprint on covered ground


The winter smoke that breathes into day
Sunlight I steal from the hours that get away
And like the turn of the hour hand or minutes at best
I am living bit and bit, unplanned for the rest

Come and visit me this spring time, I will be here
I will dust off these leaves & we will start a story that is dear
Some will say that winter might come and slowly go
The winter smoke I breathe and in the wind, it blows

No comments:

Post a Comment