Counter

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Day 319: The Familiar Simple

"Loading updates" flashed on the screen for a few seconds as the icon which resembled a circle kept going round and round. It was 3 in the morning so the obvious reasons as to why I was updating my google feed slipped my mind. I had not written for the last two days and I felt the need to keep refreshing something, again and again. It was my way of recollecting my thoughts and reloading them back into my mind hoping for something to change. I have started with the third and the last week of written exams this week, and for those who have learned to go step by step with things, know when I say it is not all that fun to begin with. I keep rehashing and figuring out perfectly how to summarize things that I may know and some that I have learned. There is a premium we attach to being simple, about being as concise and clear as possible which I feel stems from the need of familiarity. So I decided to write about this relationship between the simple and the familiar

The Familiar Simple
We are in love every day with just this much, the simple
We are not looking for more than enough, just ample
So we refresh, we rewrite and we restate what we say
We are looking for the familiar simple in every single day

We are told that these are in things we write about
In moments of clarity which we find when surrounded by doubt
We are in and out of your mind in the time that you read
Leaving behind inscriptions and meanings to pay heed


We are writing summaries every day, the ones we need to refine
They are imperfect as they may be, but I claim them as mine
We have figured out what we need to do, so we build it in our head
As I lay dreaming wide awake, as you find sleep in your bed

The familiar and the simple seem far & sometimes too far to reach
I am writing them down one by one, I am reminding myself of each
For much has been said & done, much has yet to come
As we keep looking for the familiar simple in what we have become

1 comment: