Counter

Monday, February 22, 2016

Day 326: Tell Me

Sometimes the easiest thing to do , if you have the time, the money and the inclination is to stare at a big board of destinations and fly out. I know this sounds like a plot from a movie but once in a while this notion of thinking something afterwards seems far too interesting to pass by. Whether it is after I reach that I tell you where I went. Tell me that the important things, whatever they are will still be in these moments of whimsy, tell me you will look at clues I leave behind, maybe you will find me. Sometimes the only reason to take these trips are to build your own maps, to and from places as we enter and exit familiarity, and find a little quiet time for a piece of our mind. For now tell me just what is needed as it changes in the blink of an eye.

Tell Me
Tell me I will find what is needed
That no matter what, it won't seem conceded
The hand that raises and lays you somewhere down
Tell me I will be hungry for more things to be found

I have packed up and moved away, changed my address
So that your maps keeps rerouting but can no longer redirect
The new places, where I have yet to settle down for now
Don't exist in the maps you own, I keep them secret somehow


Tell me that you have known me, even if just for a while
That I have left with a sweet aftertaste and maybe even a smile
To those who have knocked at some of these closed door
In places where I would find you or where you would look for me before

Tell me I will find writing in places that are uninspired
That you won't complain and that you will never be too tired
I will pack my bags and leave in the wee hours of the day
Tell me you will wish for more, hoping some things had stayed

No comments:

Post a Comment